By logging into the DefenseImagery.mil with a user account assigned to you (either via username and password combination or with a Common Access Card), you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Some imagery may not be cleared for public release. You agree to determine the release status of any imagery you download and to follow Department of Defense policy regarding the release, security and policy review of DoD Information (refer to DoDI 5230.09 and DoDI 5230.29). Public release status for imagery can be found in the "Release Information" data area. Imagery that is CLEARED for public release is annotated with a green border or green text stating the release status. Imagery NOT CLEARED for release is annotated with red borders or red text.
- You agree to abide by Department of Defense policy concerning OPSEC and INFOSEC when selecting imagery for use.
- You agree to adhere to any copyrights. Copyright information can be found in the XMP data area in the data field labeled 'Rights'. In general, imagery on this site is not copyrighted (cleared for release Department of Defense imagery is usually in the public domain), but if in doubt, you agree to examine the Rights data field for appropriate information. We will make every effort to ensure that copyrighted works are so noted in the Rights field, but cannot be held responsible if the copyright is not conveyed to us for entry.
- If you have the right to upload imagery you agree a) to ensure such imagery is property of the Department of Defense, b) the imagery is free of malicious code including computer viruses, and c) to provide us with as much data about the imagery as possible (within Department of Defense captioning guidelines).
WARNING – You are entering an Official U.S. Government System
You are accessing a U.S. Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG-authorized use only.
By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:
- The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
- At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.
- Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG- authorized purpose.
- This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests--not for your personal benefit or privacy.
- Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential. See User Agreement for details.