Official government requests should be ordered on official letterhead signed by a branch or unit head and submitted by fax, mail or e-mail to:
Defense Imagery Management Operations Center
11 Hap Arnold Blvd.
Tobyhanna Army Depot
2nd Street, Bldg 3, Rm 101
Tobyhanna, PA. 18466-5102
Phone: 1-888-743-4662 or 570-615-9872 or DSN 795-9872
Fax: 570-615-7643 or DSN: 795-7643
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (from .mil and .gov addresses only)
When requesting imagery, please provide the following information:
- Subject and/or image ID number
- Unit, location, event, operation name
- Date or date range
- Equipment to be depicted (if any)
- Type of aircraft, ship, tank, etc.
- What action you want to see (i.e., aerial refueling, shooting weapons, ship movement, etc.)
- Media format, size, and quantity
- Date needed
- Your name, rank, and position title
- Your telephone numbers (DSN and commercial)
- Complete official mailing address that includes a building/room number or suite
- How media will be used (i.e., briefing, training, etc.)
- For motion media requests, include the approximate total number of minutes needed for each subject
- Still image requests will be provided through this web site via zip file of high resolution photographs for download onto your computer
- Duplication from that point will be at your own expense.
General Public Requests: The images on our web site can be downloaded at no cost and/or limit. General public customers include all non-Federal agencies (which include city, state, and county governments), commercial organizations, retired military personnel, and the general public. The public may purchase copies of unclassified, official imagery records with fees being charged for research, duplication of the media, shipping and handling, and related services.
All imagery records are furnished with the understanding that the Department of Defense (DoD) has no authority to waive the privacy rights of the individuals depicted, and that no exclusive rights to any official records may be claimed by an organization or individual.
If still and/or motion imagery is to be used for commercial advertisement, the proposed ad layout with its accompanying copy must be approved by the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs. For approval, e-mail or FAX your request to OASD(PA)/CR & PL at PAreview@osd.mil or 703-697-2577.
Purchasers' use of these records constitutes agreement that they will not show, by implication or otherwise, that the DoD endorses any political cause, commercial product, or service.
To purchase motion media, customers must first receive approval from the appropriate Public Affairs Office listed below.
Headquarters, Department of the Army
Chief of Public Affairs
10880 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 1250
Los Angeles, CA 90024-3688
Department of the Navy
Office of Information OI-7
1200 Navy Pentagon Rm 4B514
Washington, D.C. 20350-1200
Secretary of the Air Force
Office of Public Affairs
Pentagon, Rm 4A120
Washington, D.C. 20330-0001
Commandant of the Marine Corps
Headquarters, US Marine Corps
Washington, D.C. 20310-0001
Joint/Multiple Service Imagery
For imagery that depicts more than one military service, and will be used for documentaries or other news-related products, contact the DoD Public Affairs Press Office at:
Chief, Audiovisual Division
Department of Defense Press Office
OASD (Public Affairs), Room 2D956
Washington DC 20301-1400
To discuss your documentary or other news-related useage of DoD imagery, call 703-695-0169.